MEET BASIC HUMAN NEEDS
- Emergency assistance for poor/low-income families
- Food for the hungry every week
- Referrals to provide shelter for the homeless, etc.
TOOLS TO BUILD A BETTER LIFE
-Resolve immigration issues and gain citizenship
- Opportunities for education, skills training and employment
- Legal assistance and guidance
-Discounted clothing and home good in the Centro store
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Anyone in Union City and the local area, basically. We strive to respond to every request with compassion and respect. If you are in need of food, social services, immigration assistance, or referrals, you are welcome to stop by Centro or give us a call. We will do our best to help or point you in the right direction.
The Centro Store is open to the public and supported by donations. If you are in need of low-cost clothing, supplies, or household items, stop by our famous Quonset hut at 525 H St and see what treasures you can find in our thrift store. Inventory changes daily, so check in often for new items.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE AT CENTRO
- Food Distribution
- Community Thrift Store
- Interpretation / Language Translation Services
- Immigration and Citizenship Services
- Legal Aid and Paralegal Services
- Notary Services
- Information & Referral Services
- Access to Shelter & Housing Services
- Assistance for Veterans
- Linkage to Health Care
- Job Placement Assistance
RESOURCES THROUGH OUR PARTNERS
- Senior Services
- Domestic Violence Support
- Breast Cancer Support
- Literacy Programs
- English-Language Classes
- Parenting Classes
- Care-a-Van Program
- Healthcare Referrals
IMMIGRATION, LEGAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES
Centro staff is available to provide assistance in understanding complicated situations and to help you navigate the immigration and social services agencies.
If you are confused, worried, or simply afraid of getting it wrong, our staff can help put you on the right track.
- Understand the immigration process.
- Assistance with completing required forms.
- Instructions for filing and follow-up.
- Establishing legal residency.
- Outline the path to citizenship.
- Referrals to legal counsel when appropriate.
- Provide information and referrals on issues concerning housing and civil rights, liability issues, and other legal situations.
- Notary Public service.
- Referrals to Legal Aid.
- Voter registration forms and information.
Social Services Assistance:
- Understanding what services are available.
- Determining eligibility.
- Help with completion of public assistance forms.
- Assist veterans with receiving care and benefits.
- Referrals for medical and mental health services.