If you need help or want to report possible trafficking call the National Human Trafficking Hotline:
1-888-3737-888 or Text BeFree
Services at SHADE include:
FREE SERVICES TO FELLOW SURVIVOR THRIVERS SUCH AS -
1. We Rise Support Group - Our support group is for survivors of sexual exploitation and human trafficking. The support group is survivor-led and supported by a clinical therapist. The program provides a safe environment where survivors can be expressive, learn new life skills and be empowered to succeed, build peer relationships, access resources, receive crisis support, and build internal resources that reduce their vulnerabilities to being re-victimized by the commercial sex industry. SHADE seeks to do this through an empowerment-based approach focused on trauma-informed, healing centered engagement.
2. Court Advocacy - If you are in need of support with any legal matters, we will provide legal referral to one of our partner attorneys and stay to support you through the process. We have years of experience working with the criminal justice system in different capacities and tend to have good working relations with the criminal justice systems.
3. THRIVE-Survivor Leadership Program - It is a program that gives life responsibility to those survivors who seek to be empowering agents of change in their community. And, at the same time, those in need of understanding and compassion are provided a sanctuary space of learning. In truth, this is the heart of the abolitionist and human trafficking movement. To not only recover, but to also provide pathways to success for those survivors who are thriving and to those who are beginning a journey into fulfilling their destiny.
4. Victim-Survivor-Advocacy Intervention - In Collaboration with partner agencies we provide crisis response to law enforcement, hospitals, community based orgs and more. With a focus on stabilization we support the survivor to engage in specialized treatment and recovery services along with unique life development and empowerment programs provided through us or a partner agency. For crisis support please call our on call number @ 510-437-0192
5. Worth It: Street Outreach Program - Worth It -Street Outreach program is survivor-led and strives to engage with individuals involved in the sex industries and those being trafficked and or sexually exploited to support connection with services that are vital to their well-being and exiting commercial sex industries.
6. Peer Counseling, Mentorship - SHADE is all about supporting and uplifting one another. We do our best to provide a safe environment-do no harm, survivor centered, therapeutic and harm reduction lens when supporting other follow survivors. A advocate will be provided to guide you in making more successful choices, changes in your life.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
1. Case Consultation - Technical assistance on issues involving a potential victim of human trafficking. When you click on the link to request this service please note the time sensitive options.
2. Trainings - We provide trainings and workshops for youth and adult professionals on a variety of topics related to human trafficking.
3. Speaking Engagements - We provide trainings and workshops for youth and adult professionals on a variety of topics related to human trafficking.
4. Policy Advocacy - SHADE advocates have advised for local, state, and national policies. Please tell us a little about your work, if you are working on policy and/or would like to speak to those who may be directly effected by these laws.
5. Program Development - We know that founding or revising an organization or program can be difficult. SHADE can support you and your team with developing services, treatment models that are trauma informed and survivor centered. There is a fee for this service.
6. Awareness Events