Youth Together currently operates at five high schools:
In 1996 Youth Together was formed by youth, community members, parents and school officials in Oakland, Berkeley, and Richmond, California concerned about inter-racial violence and inadequate school conditions.
Because of the organization’s youth leadership programming, student centers, and campaigns, five local high schools are developing positive, long-term solutions to fight social, political, community, and educational inequities in their lives, serving as a model for empowering change in other communities.
Community members were inspired to form Youth Together in 1994 in response to inter-racial conflicts in schools. Since that time, young people in Youth Together have fought for, won, and continued to struggle for a new vision of their schools and communities.
Youth Together utilizes four main programs to meet our mission:
1. Youth Together Student Teams: Youth Together operates student organizing clubs on five school campuses to develop student leadership skills, multiracial solidarity, and to improve school conditions.
2. School-Based One Land, One People Youth Centers/Collaboratives: Youth Together operates multi-service collaboratives and youth centers on high school campuses.
3. Community-Based Youth Centers/Collaboratives: Youth Together advocates and organizes for community based multi-service collaboratives and centers and partners with local officials to design, plan, and develop these centers.
4. Regional Programming: Youth Together provides regional programming to core youth leaders and is the lead member of the Organize Da Bay network, a regional network of youth-serving organizations working to improve a variety of issues which impact the areas’ young people.
Youth Together has Internship opportunities
Youth Organizing and Leadership Development | Grades 11th - 12th | We're looking for emerging youth leaders throughout Oakland staring January 2023
After School Programs @ Skyline High School - OLOP Youth Center | Grades: 9th - 12th
- College Tours to local colleges
- Dual enrollment
- Skyline After School Study Hall
- After-School Drop-In Tutoring
- Peer Tutoring Program
- Real Hard
- Teen ON Target
- Girls IN Power
Before School Drop-In Study Hall @ Skyline High School - OLOP Youth Center
- Fun Fridays | 9th - 12th grade
- Workshop Wednesday | 9th - 12th grade
- Drivers Education | Students over 15 1/2
- OLOP Interns | 9th - 10th grade
- Polynesian Dance Club | 11th - 12th grade
- Family Engagement | 9th - 12th grade